Sigma Tau Delta
Sigma Tau Delta is the International English Honor Society. A member of the Association of College Honor Societies, it was founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University.
Sigma Tau The Society strives to:
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence and Serve society by fostering literacy